We borrowed the recipe from the culinary book for kids “Small Cookie“, of publishing house “Ribka”
- 1 tea cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons of syrup of raspberry compote (you can also have cherry or sour cherry compote)
- 5 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Mix the sugar, the fruit syrup, the water and the vinegar in a small pot at at medium high temperature.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves and everything starts boiling.
- You should boil it about 10 minutes.
- To make sure that is ready, do a test. In a cup of cold water put a few drops of the hot mixture. At the bottom of the cup there should be hard drops.
Use a large spoon and pour the mixture on cooking paper. Shape the mixture into heart. Put wooden sticks, making sure they are well-covered by the mixture.
You can cover the heart-shaped mixture with colored sugar sticks. Leave to the lollipops to cool.
If you want to give them as a present, wrap them in cellophane bags and tie them with ribbons.