I hurried to take a picture of them when they got ready … because half an hour later they will be history. I have recently made these easy and crispy hearts, but the kids have been faster than my camera.
1. You will need puff pastry, an egg yolk, a rolling pin and sugar.
2. Sugar well the kitchen countertop
3. Roll out the pastry several times over the sugar.
4. Spread the egg yolk on top of the pastry and turn it round leaving the yolk-spread part underneath.
5. Now sugar very well the top part.
6. Start rolling until the two ends meet.
7. Cut with a knife the roll.
Use your fingers to shape each of the pieces into hearts. Make sure to leave enough space between the hearts in the baking dish, because they grow bigger. Bake in preheated oven at moderate temperature until they reach nice golden colour.